• The institute has land measuring 6.866 acres which is properly leveled for landscaping the campus. The campus land is divided into four sections with proper slope. At the top there is a botanic garden, followed by playground attached with hostel premise a
• The rain water flows from botanic garden to playground to hostel premises and finally channelized to the pits near the college buildings. The institute has taken special efforts for constructing water harvesting pits. The pits are filled by boulders and s
• Rain water is also recharged in the ground by drilling the bore well and digging a pit at its opening. The pit is covered by a mesh and filled with boulders. The terrace water is channelized through pipes in this pit. Around 76398.6 liter of water is rech
• This has helped greatly in maintaining ground water level. The bore wells remain live and charged with water for the entire year even in the drought period. There are 2300 students in college, out of them 450 are residential. Water requirement of this pop
• We used to collect rain water and utilize it in science laboratories as distilled water. It is collected directly from open sky by keeping the water containers on the terrace. This practice minimizes the use of electricity on distillation plants installed
• The report of the activity shows the efforts taken for rain water harvesting.
The institute has a great concern with the environmental issues in the 21st century. It has made a policy to observe green practices in the campus. The efforts are taken for canvassing of the students. The institute follows various green practices given below -
• The practice of using bicycles by students is preferentially followed in the institute. The maximum students use either bicycle, public transport like S.T. or share auto rickshaw.
• Staff observes a vehicle free day on fourth Saturday of every month. Many staff members practice vehicle sharing. On vehicle free Saturday, the staff and students travel by public transport.
• The use of plastic bags and wrappers is prohibited in the campus. Dust bins are placed in the campus. The corporation vehicle carries away the waste from the campus every day for disposal and recycling.
• Use of paper is minimized by using electronic communication preferably. The documents of all faculties are digitized and used for various purposes.
• The campus has been enriched with greenery due to substantial tree plantation and ornamental plants. The botanic garden covers maximum green zone of the campus which consists variety of valuable plants and trees. Several endangered medicinal plants are cu
• The campus is with lavish green landscaping having variety of flowering and other decorative plantation which adds to beautification of the campus and habitat for the birds. Bird feeders and water devices are provided by our students.
• The central library uses Libreria Version 2.0 Pune and User tracking system developed by Softech Solutions Pune. Software for transaction of the literature and recording the attendance of the visitors.